Saturday, August 23, 2008

Relationships that allow you to grow.






July 2004---10 mos. old
One of my most poignant memories after arriving home with TB four years ago was her reluctance to be out of my arms for even the briefest moment. She was 10 mos old, had a significant illness going on, and everything was so new. She was my little barnacle. As much as I had dreamed of that time....jet lag, tears, adjustments, puke, uncertainties, but a bit of a cloud on our doorstep for hours each day. She was scared, I was tired, and then....on day number 7, my golden retriever (Holly) began to cast her spell on this overwhelmed little peanut. Holly brought her pacifier toy over to TB, offered it so unselfishly (as only a golden retriever can do..) and the bond was formed.




Tea Party, TB age 4-1/2 and Holly at 11



3 comments:

lisa said...

That brings tears to my eyes....what a sweet, sweet picture. I truly understand now what a miracle it must be to actually bring a child home from another country. Not so easy. Thank you for all of your kind words on my blog, i read them and they mean so much from someone that knows what I am going through. Lisa

Karen said...

That is the sweetest, most touching story. Thank you for sharing it.

McMary said...

What lovely girls you have there..Thanks for the kind comments on my blog. I appreciate the support.